Company Name : American Express
Job Title : Engineer I – Site Reliability Engineer
Job Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Id : 21016856
Qualification : BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent
Experience : 3-6 years
Job Description :
• Application production support/Site Reliability Engineering, supporting Java/J2EE/REACT JS applications, and Node applications
• Good understanding of cloud technologies – Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker etc.
• Knowledge of Public Cloud technologies GCP, AWS, AZURE etc. would be an advantage
• Knowledge of server-side technologies such as WebSphere, JBose, NodeJS
• Monitoring and analyzing PMI data
• Hands on experience on enterprise tools set such as Grafana, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, BMC, Prometheus etc.
• Knowledge on Unix shell scripting, PERL or Python programming is preferred
• Experience in handling DDoS/BOT attack and different security remediations
• Working experience with Network load balancers, Global Traffic Managers (GTMs), Local Traffic Managers (LTMs)
• Hands on experience on configuring Splunk, Grafana dashboards, Elasta alerts etc.
• Working experience on network rules creation, load balancer configurations, network packet analysis
• Analytical knowledge and exposure on root cause identification using analyzer tools like IBM support assistant, Splunk etc.
• Good understanding of Linux OS internals, performance tools, Core commands, security etc.
• Experience on supporting three tier architecture which includes exposure to databases such IBM DB2, Couchbase, Mongo, Redis etc.
• Certificate Management automation – Message signing, SSL, etc.
• Exposure to ITIL processes is preferred
• Exposure to enterprise platform migration from dedicated to cloud environment is preferred
About Us :
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.